Programming the EZ-BLE PRoC Module

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am laying out my pcb for my EZ-BLE PRoC Module and am wondering about how I am going to be programming and debugging it.

I believe that I only need SWDCLK ( P0[7] ) and SWDIO ( P0[6] ) and GND connected to 'some programming device' to do this.

I assume I can do this using by using my BLE Pioneer Kit board as the programming device.

Would I simply remove the BLE Module board from the Pioneer Kit board and connect these three wires from my independently powered EZ-BLE board ( lithium cell) and use PSoC Programmer software?

AND, since I do not want an extra header on the board I am designing, what are the pros and cons of this idea:

I am charging my lithium cell using external 5v supplied from a micro-usb receptacle that I am installing on the board.  Since I don't think there is a USB stack for the PRoC, I was NOT going to use D+ and D- on the USB receptacle at all.  BUT, could I just put SWDCLK ( P0[7] ) to D- and SWDIO ( P0[6] ) to D+ and make a special USB cable for programming that connects to my BLE Pioneer Kit board?  I am wondering what will happen when I plug a usb cable from my PC into my board to charge the battery, will I just get a 'Unrecognized hardware' message from windows or worse?

Thanks,

Dale

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

you would probably also want to route the XRES pin unless you are using power cycle programming. If you are not doing in-field firmware upgrades, I would use a pogo pin fixture and pads in the pcb for programming

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Zeta,

Thanks for the advice, however I am VERY limited in board space but I could also add the XRES to the USB ID pin.

The question is still whether my PRoC would ever have an issue when the USB is plugged into a PC USB port?

Thanks,

Dale

0 Likes