CYBLE-022001 UART Issues

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Cypress World:

I would like to know why the CYBLE-022001 UART does not transfer data properly.

For example, when the UART function SCB_1_UartPutString("Test\r\n"); is called periodically (e.g. every 50 milliseconds), the data transferred from the UART is often erroneous with only a few characters (e.g. Te) transferred. Depending on how often the data is transferred, the UART will often only set the Tx line low for about 500 microseconds and then back high. The UART settings are: Mode=Standard, Direction=TX+RX, Baud rate=115200 (actual 115385), Data bits=8, Parity=None, Stop bits=1, Oversampling=16.

Thank you in advance for your response,

Tim Ball

TDB Consulting

0 Likes
4 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum, Tim!

There was recently a similar complain with an UART problem, but that was related to USB-UART and could be targeted to bad receiving at the PC side.

Did you create a small project (just containing your UART) that produces the issue? Then use Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal) and upload the resulting file here .

Bob

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

...and I just see, that the 500µs is the time, the UART needs to transmit your "Test\n\r"

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Bob:

Thank you for your response. It was discovered that the issue is related to the module going into deep sleep mode by

CyBle_EnterLPM(CYBLE_BLESS_DEEPSLEEP);

and related function calls as given in the document 'Getting Started With EZ-BLE PRoC Module (AN9681)', section '8.4.4 Main Loop and Low-Power Implementation'.

I am using the CYBLE-022001 UART to issue BLE commands similar to the way the Microchip RN4020 does.

Thank you,

Tim

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Thank you Tim for keeping us informed!

Bob

0 Likes