PSoc 4 Design template missing. Unable to create a PSoc4  design or select the device

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi, I just got the Pioneer kit and I have downloaded Creator 3.2, but I can't follow the tutorial because Creator doesn't list a Psoc 4 design template Or for that matter a Psoc 5. It only lists Psoc3 , 4100 and 4200 Am I doing something wrong or is it missing and how do I get the template added? Thanks Daryl   
0 Likes
8 Replies
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted
        You likely didn't install PioneerKit http://www.cypress.com/file/46011   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        I installed the Pioneer Kit Even says its installed when I check the About information. The example pioneer kit projects don't load up either when I try opening them up.   

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Something is pretty wacky, the attached is what you should see for templates.

Regards, Dana.,

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        HI Dana, that actually is what I see,but it's not what the tutorials show. They show Empty PSoC 3 Design template, Empty Psoc 4 Design template and Empty Psoc5 temlate I did finally get that when I uninstalled both the Creator 3.2 adn the kit software and installed CY8CKIT-042 Kit Setup (Kit Design Files, Creator, Programmer, Documentation, Examples) 592mb installed. Unfortuntely, this is Creator 3.0 which apparantly has a programming bugwhen I triedprogramming my kit, it wouldn't The error was PSOC saw the KitPRog device but only listed M0 cortex on the tree and said it wasnt supported Now I installed 3.2 again. andI have those same choices you show Which of those is for PSOC 4 pioneer ? The 4100/4200 one template? NOTE: when I go to Program, it now detects PSOC 4200M CY8C4247AZI-M485 under kitprog I should also note that my Pioneer kit appears to be different from the pics I have a round cap sense with arrows , not rectangular the RGB is below the Arduino headers to the right of the PMOD and I have a header for raspberry PI Should thier tutorial be updated?   
0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9

Which of those is for PSOC 4 pioneer ? The 4100/4200 one template?

Yes, the 4100/4200 template.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi thanks! Thats what it is, though in my case its the 4100/4200 M template There are 2 Pioneer kits(didn't realize that).Apparantly, I have the -44 one Have run into problem with Control Register API which I will post elsewhere   
0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

So under the start page of Creator 3.2 ->Examples and Kits -> CY8CKIT-044 -> + you will find a lot of examples for your kit.

Most of them address the hardware on that pioneer board as CapSense and accellerometer.

Bob

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9

What is the problem with the control register ?

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes