Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

I am using the BLE chip for an application.  I am using it without the development kit. The problem is that, I lose the bluetooth connection between the phone and the BLE chip randomly when using the Cysmart app. So sometimes I have connection and sometimes I do not. Since the development kit is no longer attached, I cannot use the reset button to cause a refresh. This means that I either have to switch on and off bluetooth on the phone(which does not always work), or I have to switch off the mains (power supply to device where BLE chip is connected. ) 

One thing I did was to remove the deep sleep part of the code from the BLE chip (does this not defeat the whole purpose of BLE?). But I think the problem comes from the phone (app) now, that is, a connection is not retained. 

Any suggestions on how to solve this problem?

Best regards,

Eugenia

0 Likes
1 Solution
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Consider making a post in the BLE forum, top of page here - www.cypress.com/

I looked over here, do not see anything -    

http://www.cypress.com/?rID=102799     BLE Frequently Asked Questions

Of course dropped connections can be effected by battery strength (reduced Tx power), antenna orientation, distance, environmental noise.....

Regards, Dana.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

Does anyone have a response to my question?

Best regards,

Eugenia

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Consider making a post in the BLE forum, top of page here - www.cypress.com/

I looked over here, do not see anything -    

http://www.cypress.com/?rID=102799     BLE Frequently Asked Questions

Of course dropped connections can be effected by battery strength (reduced Tx power), antenna orientation, distance, environmental noise.....

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes