cy_clock advanced tab not shown in config dialog

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I need to run a PWM block with a fixed clock and have that clock, along with the PWM signal available on output pins.

When I try to use the TCPWM block, it requires a cy_clock module, rejects my use of a FreqDiv.  So I configure a cy_clock to drive it and then can not get that connected to an external pin.

I see, in the datasheet, that there should be an advanced tab on the clock configuration that allows me to set the type to something that might be usable but that tab is not present. I'm guessing it's not available with the specific part I'm using (CY8C4245AXI-483 44-TQFP)

I also tried using a frequency divider to one of the PWM modules but had trouble making them work.

I really just need a basic PWM controllable output with the clock signal.

I apologize if this is a stupid question. Thank you for any help...

David

0 Likes
2 Replies
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Getting a clock out to a pin in PSOC 4 -

http://www.cypress.com/?rID=80799     Using clocks as data PSOC 4

As far as PWM clock, right click the clock, its datasheet has APIs to set divider ratio.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Controlling a PWM with the input clock might not be ideal. Better would be to set the PWM's period value. When a constant duty-cycle is needed, the compare value has to be changed as well. Driving the PWM with a comparable high system clock will give you a broad range of output frequency.

Bob

0 Likes