How to receive handles when only the UUIDs are known

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys,

following situation: I have a blood pressure device that I want to read out. Currently my firmware connects to the device and I am able to read out some device information using the UUIDs given in the SIG and CyBle_GattcReadUsingCharacteristicUuid API. I'm not able to sniff through the device using CySmart. Therefore I don't know any handles. Is there a way to receive them using the PSoC Creator?

Currently I'm working with the PRoC.

Thanks for your help.

kind regards

Lars 

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lars,

When you say you are not able to sniff through the device using CySmart, does it mean that you are not able to discover its attributes?

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Roit,

yep that's what I meant. With the CySmart app I can not discover the attributes. I don't know why I can't do this. So a collaegue came up with the idea to use the nRf Master Control Panel app for android. With this app I was able to discover the attributes but not the handles (see the pictures). But I saw that if I want to get the values needed (blood pressure etc), I would need to enable indications. The UUID of the descriptor as you can see in the picture is the 2902. I couldn't found a function to write the descriptor only having the uuid. So I intended to get this via the firmware. Which I think is working now. I get the uuid 2902 and the handle 0f. Next I enabled indications, at least I thought so. But on the CYBLE_EVT_GATTC_HANDLE_IND nothing happens.

I attached my current project. Revised some points and the overall structure.

I really appreciate your help!!!

Best regards

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys,

can no one of you help me? If you need any further information to help me just say and I will provide it.

Lars

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lars,

I would suggest to create a technical case on www.cypress.com -> "Design Support" -> under Support, select "Create a Support case". You need to be registered to create a case.

0 Likes