how to get a C Compiler license for Designer 4.4

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

need your help, may be wrong thread...

I ve just unpacked an unused but dusted PSoC1 evaluation kit because I need to adjust an old source code made in 2010 with the equal kit.

After installing the PSoC Designer 4.4 from the original CD and opening an old project, the designer does not allow to compile the source code due to an invalid compiler license. Is this compiler license not part of the small evaluation kit? Where can I get (buy, if required) such compiler license?

rgds Thomas

0 Likes
5 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum, Thomas.

Yes, forum is wrong, you should post in PSoC1 forum.

Start your Cypress Update Manager and upgrade to PSoC Designer 5.4 first. You can get a license from Keil per email. you will be prompted for that process.

Happy coding

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bob,

Thanx for quick reply!

Any possibility to move the thread to the right forum (PSoC1)?

If not, my colleague told me strongly not to use the 5.4 Designer because the old source code does not match with the new 5.4 libraries.

I am just downloading Designer 5.0 with SP 6, hoping that rules otherwise I will follow your idea.

thank you

Thomas

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

No chance to move the thread, but no need to. Just a hint for the next time. The source code usually is compatible, there might be a problem with the chip view when you skip a full version (from 3.x to 5.x).

Just for curiosity: what is your project going to perform and

Where in Germany are you located, I live near Bremen?

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bob,

Thanx for your support. Will try to use the newest version and will reply with further requests when required.

We use the CY8C29466_V2 to generate individual sound characteristics depending on 5 logical inputs combined with 6 DIL switches, powered by a following class D 40W amplifier (TPA3106D1). A 30W speaker is connected generating up to 118dB sound pressure. All is used in Light Signal Devices located in noisy ship's engine rooms to transfer important alarms to the staff working there.

see @: http://www.sm-electrics.de/sm-electrics/news.php  (dynamic acoustics control dac)

company is located in Schoenberg close to Kiel

Thomas

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

The license will be from Imagcraft. If you can prove you had

a license you might be able to upgrade to the last release, check

with Imagcraft and/or file a CASE on this -

To create a technical or issue case at Cypress -

www.cypress.com

“Support”

“Technical Support”

“Create a Case”

You have to be registered on Cypress web site first.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes