UART PROBLEM

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, 

I am new to CY8CKIT-042-BLE and I want to test UART on the CY8C4247LQI-BL483 module. I tried to use an example project SCB_UARTComm and successfully uploaded to the chip. Then I connected it to the terminal on PC and received nonsensical characters instead of the text that it should received. Things like baud rate, data bits, parity etc. are correct. I also tried to update the kit using PSoC Programmer to the version 2.12. Does anyone know what can be the problem?

Thanks,

Jan

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for help! Finaly there was a problem on the HW side with my serial USB converter. I tried to make a connection on the board to use the USB-UART and it works. Solved, thanks for help!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you assign the correct pins to the SCB_UARTComm in project's CYDWR? If you are using BLE Pioneer Kit and want to send data over USB-UART terminal, then you need to use pin P1[4] and P1[5] (RX and TX respectively) in your desing.

Or, use the following project for your reference:

https://github.com/cypresssemiconductorco/PSoC-4-BLE/tree/master/100_Projects_in_100_Days/Day020_BLE... 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I assigned the P1.4 as RX and P1.5 as TX. Then I connected those pins to my Serial to Usb convertor. I also tried the project that you referenced with same result. 

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Strange characters is a baud rate issue.  What terminal program are you using? 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am using CoolTerm or Putty, but both shows same wrong characters.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have checked the referenced project with RealTerm, TeraTerm and it works fine. I am using the KitProg based USB-UART Com port terminal.

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

What baud rate are you using?

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

What baud rate are you using?

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

I had a project that was set for  a high rate and it would not work on my system.  I had to reduce it the 9600 baud and it worked fine at that baud rate. So for all debugging I have set my baud rates to 9600 it seems to be very reliable on all systems.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for help! Finaly there was a problem on the HW side with my serial USB converter. I tried to make a connection on the board to use the USB-UART and it works. Solved, thanks for help!

0 Likes