MiniProg3 - SiliconID:"7F 7C 13 9E" is not in database

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys,

i have my board ready and now i wanted to program the device (CY8C4247LQI-BL483) with the MiniProg 3.

When i want to program the device with PSoC Programmer it shows the following:

| Programming Terminated

| Detected SiliconID: "7F 7C 13 9E" is not in database

I guess when it shows that massage the wiring should be ok, is that correct?

When I push the “Verify” button PSoC Programmer shows the following:

| Chip is in PROTECTED mode. Any access to Flash is suppressed.

The MiniProg3 is on the actual FW Version.

Board is powered with 3,0V.

Thanks all.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum.

Check the setting of the MiniProg3 which will use 5 or 20 pin interface (whatever your pcb layout delivers) XRes, SDA, SCL, VDD and GND needed for the 5-pin version. Depending on your requirements you may power your board from MiniProg selecting Reset by power cycle or xres. When powering the board externally set reset to xres and do not provide power from MiniProg3

Start Creator, -> Debug -> Select Debug Target and see if the chip is detected correctly and matches the selected chip in the project.

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Bob,

thanks for your reply. The settings of the MiniProg3 are correct. When i am choosing the wrong Pin-Version the PSoC Programmer replys with

FAILED! PSoC device is not acquired......

It's a little bit strange because like i said i connected the same 10Pin Header to the CY8CKIT with the PSoC BLE Module connected and the programming is no problem.

i powered the board myself with a supply voltage of 3V. When i disconnect the external power supply i can't get access with PSoC Programmer and the MiniProg3 shows a red LED "Target Power".

I also updated the PSoC Programmer to the newest Version but when i want to programm the CPU it again shows (see also picture in attachment):

Detected SiliconID: "7F 7C 13 9E" is not in database

isn't that a clear failure that the chip revision is to new?

In the PSoC Creator i can't see the chip.

Thanks Frank

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

When you cannot see the chip in Creator something is darn wrong. Try to solder a 5-pin interface to the board and try that with the miniprog. When you do not consume too much current with your board, the MiniProg must be able to supply power or that is the error.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply.

The problem was, that i connected the VCCD-Pin (Pin56) to 3V7. But it just needs 1V8 internally.

Now it works

Kind regards

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Congratulations!

Bob

0 Likes