Hardware intergation

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like to know whether it is possible to integrate external hardware like LED, LCD etc with  CY8CKIT-042 Pioneer board . I could see lots of sample project with lighting the onboard led and other features. If possible please guide me to the docs for this.

0 Likes
1 Solution
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received
        Welcome Yes it is. Because the Pioneer kit has an Arduino interface you are able to make these shields work on the PSOC Pioneer kit. Later when I am on my main computer I'll send you a LCD program that works with the Arduino SHIELD.   

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
        Welcome Yes it is. Because the Pioneer kit has an Arduino interface you are able to make these shields work on the PSOC Pioneer kit. Later when I am on my main computer I'll send you a LCD program that works with the Arduino SHIELD.   
0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the fascinating world of PSoCs!

Since the PSoC4 chip is very flexible for connecting external hardware there are rather few examples out-of-the box.

The internal components as PWMs Timers, ADC, DACs, Counters etc. have mostly dedicated pins you have to connect your external hardware to. We can help you much better when you tell us what exactly you want to perform. The Pioneer Kit has got external connectors which you can wire (without soldering) to hardware on a breadboard. There have been some successful attempts to connect a character-LCD using the built-in component.

Have you already ordered or received your kit?

Did you already install the latest software version which is Creator 3.2 SP1 ?

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

Have you checked out 100 projects in 100 days at Element 14? Here is that link http://www.element14.com/community/thread/23736/l/100-projects-in-100-days there is 100 examples on how to use the PSOC Pioneer kit.  I am sending you a LCD program with this Post that uses the Pioneer kit.  I would recommend that you get an Arduino interface board that will allow you to connect your projects to the Pioneer kit.  http://www.amazon.com/Arduino-ProtoShield-prototype-expansion-including/dp/B009R57SRC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=... this cost about $3.29 dollars US. and it includes a solderless Breadboard. I'll;look for other examples that I can send to you.

lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Here is a pin chart that is useful when working with Pioneer board.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes