Programming an EZ-BLE ProC Module via an ext. MCU

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everybody,

we are currently evaluating the possibility to enhance our products with a BLE interface. We want to use a CYBLE-022001-00 for this. I am trying to get a firmware on the module via our main processor (EFM32GG). I used the AN84858 application note as a template for my project (http://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an84858-psoc-4-programming-using-external-mic...).

The MCU is connected with the 5-pin debug port on the evaluation board of the EZ-BLE. When  the module is preprogrammed with the PsoC Creator I can easily update the module´s firmware with a heximage from my board. If the flash is erased/ the module is new my code fails in the DeviceAcquire() function. Right after the setting the IMO to 48MHz the PollSromStatus() returns an error. It fails at reading the suitable CPUSS_SYSREQ value.

I´m only comfortable with programming the EFM32 family yet, so I might have overlooked some details. Maybe someone has an idea.

Thanks and greetings from Berlin

0 Likes
6 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum,Erik.

I would suggest you to create a Support Case. At top of this page click on "Design Support" and then on "Create a Support Case". A Cypress engineer wil get in contact with you. You may attach your complete project (in Creator -> File -> Create Workspace Bundle (minimal) ) it will be handled confidential by Cypress.

Greetings from Bremen

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I created a support case. They were very helpful. They suggested some possible solutions and in the end I was able to find the root of the problem by myself.

So, to anyone also facing this problem. It's very important to get the timing on the XRES toggeling right. About 100µs are appropriate. I had about 500µs. After correcting this everything works fine.

Thanks

Erik 

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

That's cool, thank you for keeping us informed, Erik!

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi,erik I have encountered this problem , do as you say ,but the problem persists.can you give me some idea?   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am also looking into using HSSP to program a PRoC BLE part. Does someone have this developed? It seems the PSoC4 and PRoC BLE are very similar but the PRoC BLE needs support for 2 flash macros and also setting 48MHz.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just stepped in this problem, again. So everything what looked like it helped was just by chance. So I started from the beginning with the AN84858. And there it was. DEVICE_ACQUIRE_TIMEOUT 

I have 2ms to acquire the device, but in debug mode there was such an overhead in GPIO handling that the bit banging was too slow. So it failed. After optimizing the code (writing directly to the register addresses) the acquisition ist fast enough now and everything works fine.

So, good luck everybody

0 Likes