CY8CKIT-142 stand alone communication failure

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

The CY8CKIT-142 module communicates and runs the test firmware ok when mounted on the CY8CKIT-042 BLE KIT. When I place it on my own baseboard, the CYsmart application does not see the module. On the custom designed baseboard, I am providing 5 volts and ground connections  to VDDD and the module GND. When the module is installed on the custom baseboard, I can measure 5 volts on VDDD, VDDA and VDDR. What other pins should I supply with voltages?. I measured a 3.3 volt on J10 pin 15 (P2_6) and 4 volts on J11 pin 12 (P1_4) on the BLE kit without the module connected.

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

You have also addressed the attached pic config on your custom board (from the 042 BLE

manual).

Regards, Dana.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

You have also addressed the attached pic config on your custom board (from the 042 BLE

manual).

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

Apart from that, lok at the schematic that is in the -042 kit users guide. There you can see all the connections from the base board to the module. But I used the module on a custom baseboard by myself, and providing proper voltage (3.3V for me) was enough.

Anonymous
Not applicable

ok, thank you. I solved the problem.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok, thank you. I solved the problem.

0 Likes