Print Messages from application_start() cannot be printed to the USB UART of the WICED evaluation board.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I build, download and run the Sample P2P Application. But it only displayes following messages to the USB UART of the WICED evaluation board,

Platform BCM943362WCD4 initialised

Started ThreadX v5.5

Initialising NetX_Duo v5.6

Creating Packet pools

WWD SDIO interface initialised

There are two problems below

1. No other messages can be seen following the system messages above. I also run another sample scan application, got the same issue. It seems to me no  print messages from application_start() can be displayed to the USB UART of the WICED evaluation board.

2. My android Tablet can't find "WICED-P2P" by opening WI-FI setting and enabling WI-FI Direct.

Can you help me out these issues?

Thanks

0 Likes
10 Replies
SeyhanA_31
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hi,

I believe you already install the USB Serial port driver for Wiced to communicate using USB. USB interface for Wiced evaluation board supports JTAG and serial ports.

For serial communication setup please take a look at Serial Port Communication to WICED Module.

Below code works as expected.

void application_start( )

{

wiced_init();

WPRINT_APP_INFO(( "\nP2P print application_start()...\n"));

besl_p2p_init ( &workspace, &device_details );

besl_p2p_start( &workspace );

}

The "P2P print application_start()..." text is printed on the serial terminal.

Thanks,
Seyhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seyhan,

I still have the issue. I am using  the Inventek Systems ISM43362-M3G-EVB Evaluation Board. I never see the ">" prompt. I can build, download and run the Sample P2P Application. But it only displays following messages to the USB UART of the Inventek system  evaluation board,

Platform BCM943362WCD4 initialised

Started ThreadX v5.5

Initialising NetX_Duo v5.6

Creating Packet pools

WWD SDIO interface initialised

Any suggestion for fixing the issue. In addition, how can I order a Broadcom EVB like BCM943362WCD4?

Thanks

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seyhan,

I build a debug Sample P2P Application and the breakpoint hits following code. It seems to me that somewthing is wrong with Inventek EVB. ie correct? Did you see this on Broadcom EVB?

if ( WICED_SUCCESS != wiced_bus_init( ) )

{

--->      WPRINT_WWD_ERROR(("Could not initialize bus\r\n"));

return WICED_ERROR;

Thanks

0 Likes

Hi,

Above code fails on BCM943362WCD4 as well, it is not a hardware issue.

The wiced_bus_init() is already called by the wiced_init(). Do you have wiced_init() in your application_start() then are you trying to reinitialize the bus?

Thanks,

Seyhan

0 Likes

Hi,

I do not have a setup with Inventek Systems ISM43362-M3G-EVB Evaluation Board. The Inventek System EVB is used by others as well, perhaps you are having problem with the make target. Are you using make target and referencing the ISM43362-M3G-EVB?

This make target is for BCM943362WCD4: snip.p2p-BCM943362WCD4-debug download run​

Inventek System EVB target would be: snip.p2p-<InventekSystemEvbTarget>-debug download run

If you are interested in BCM943362WCD4 EVB please take a check out WICED Wi-Fi Partners website.

Thanks,

Seyhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seyan,

I don't have the wiced_init() in my application_start(). I just build, download and run the Sample P2P Application in WICED SDK 2.4.1. It seems there is no issue with make target because I can use "snip.p2p-BCM943362WCD4-debug download" to build and download.

later  I got a patch from Inventek at http://www.inventeksys.com/wp-content/uploads/Inventek_Systems_eS-WiFiPatch_2.4.0.zip

I installed it. But no difference. I have a question for you. Can you correctly run the sample p2p application on BCM943362WCD4 EVB? Can you see the  device 'WICED-P2P' using a android tablet?

Thanks

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seyhan,

I use sample p2p code in p2p.c below

/******************************************************

*               Function Definitions

******************************************************/

void application_start( )

{

wiced_init();

besl_p2p_init ( &workspace, &device_details );

besl_p2p_start( &workspace );

}

0 Likes

Hi,

Please use "ISM43362_M3G_L44" as a platform.

Your make target should be like this "snip.p2p-ISM43362_M3G_L44-debug download run".

I do not have the same module as you have and I could not test it.

Testing with BCM943362WCD4, I do not have Android table to exercise P2P application.

Thanks,

Seyhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seyhan,

When I use "ISM43362_M3G_L44" as a platform, I can't make target build and got errors below

**** Build of configuration Default for project Wiced-SDK ****

C:\Users\feng\WICED\WICED-SDK-2.4.1\Wiced-SDK\make.exe snip.p2p-ISM43362_M3G_L44-E-debug download

Making config file for first time

wiced_config.mk:150: *** Unknown component: ISM43362_M3G_L44.  Stop.

make: *** No rule to make target 'build/snip_p2p-ISM43362_M3G_L44-E-debug/config.mk', needed by 'main_app'.  Stop.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seyhan,

After I installed the inventek patch for WICED SDK. Now I can run the sample p2p and see the the  device 'WICED-P2P' using a android tablet.

Thanks

0 Likes