Fx3Book (pg 220) / Piggybacking 2 Explorer's ... Where is the .img file?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m trying to connect 2 Explorer boards together as mentioned on page 220 of the "SuperSpeed Device Design by Example" book.

Where are the MasterFifo_Example.img and SlaveFifo_Example.img  files?

Any pointer would be appreciated.

-Pat

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

You can download those projects and the related App Note from this link:

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an87216-designing-gpif-ii-master-interface

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

You can download those projects and the related App Note from this link:

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an87216-designing-gpif-ii-master-interface

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes
MaRe_902781
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked

Hi,

this is really a little bit of a secret all the examples in the book are not directly available.

Can Cypress try to reorganize the website and pack all those examples together into one zip file?

I'm looking at the examples in that book and they raise more questions than they answer since there are only code snippets and I also have no idea where to find them.

The best example of a confusing example is page 178, "Try it now" is impossible since everything's missing online.

One of the first pages says:

Your one-stop-shop for additional information related to this book is www.c ypress. c o m/fx3book that link is totally dead now

(I had to add some spaces since the s p a m detection of this forum blocked my initial post)

0 Likes
MaRe_902781
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked

I have to correct myself, www.c ypress. c o m/fx3book works; c y press. c o m/fx3book doesn't (without the leading www).

I still have issues with this example mentioned in the book (it seems to be wrong to me since there's no COUNT_DATA nor COUNT_ADDR) maybe someone knows what's going on.

So far I'm still not able to use the FX3 with external clock in and "hardware" threads, it keeps dropping a lot of data.

0 Likes