Write data to file through UART

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a way to write to a txt file or something through UART? I tried to just use fopen, fwrite etc. But the file isn't created and it gives the error "function not implemented". 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Then you will have to write a  C-program on the PC side, reading the com-port and storing the data in a file. There the fopen() will be supported by the windows OS.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Initially there is no file system on the PSoC. There is no operating system and there is even not much memory to save a file. Look at the PSoC as an embedded micro controller -what PSoCs actually are-.

So what do you want to save at the PSoC's side and what are you going to do with that data?

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not looking to save the data on the PSOC. I have the PSOC connected to my computer through UART, so I want to send data from the PSOC over UART, and have it recorded in a txt file. 

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Then you will have to write a  C-program on the PC side, reading the com-port and storing the data in a file. There the fopen() will be supported by the windows OS.

Bob

0 Likes