USBFS Component and Hibernate

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have an issue with the USBFS component on a PSoC5LP, consuming significant more power after being started and stopped again!

If I run the code: (From the power mgmt. hibernate sample code)

int main() {     // Set all pins to analog HiZ here      for(;;)     {         /* Make a delay for visibility */         CyDelay(1000u);          /* Prepare system clocks for the Hibernate mode */         CyPmSaveClocks();          /* Switch to the Hibernate Mode */         CyPmHibernate();          /* Restore clocks' configuration */         CyPmRestoreClocks();     } }

I get a nice low consumption of ~ 1µA. But if I start and then stop the USBFS component, before hibernate I get a power consumption of ~4.5mA:

int main() {     // Set all pins to analog HiZ here      USBFS_Start(0, USBUART_DWR_VDDD_OPERATION);     USBFS_Stop();      for(;;)     {         /* Make a delay for visibility */         CyDelay(1000u);          /* Prepare system clocks for the Hibernate mode */         CyPmSaveClocks();          /* Switch to the Hibernate Mode */         CyPmHibernate();          /* Restore clocks' configuration */         CyPmRestoreClocks();     } }

Does anyone know what USBFS_Start() activates, that USBFS_Stop() does not disable?
I want to use the USB port, disable it and achieve the low power consumption at ~1µA.

Thanks in advance,

Kristoffer

0 Likes
1 Solution
JoSt_1074751
Level 2
Level 2
Welcome!

This problem is solved by Cypress. It should be eliminated in the next USBFS release (> v3.0).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

You might try a USBFS_Sleep()

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Bob

Thanks for your input. I have tried changing USBFS_Stop() to USBFS_Suspend(), (as no USBFS_Sleep() exists in component v. 2.80)

The result is that the PSoC5LP does not hibernate at all. It runs in the loop, consuming ~35mA

​The only way I can seem to achive the low 1µA power consumption, is by not starting USB at any point. Any ideas why?

0 Likes
JoSt_1074751
Level 2
Level 2
Welcome!

This problem is solved by Cypress. It should be eliminated in the next USBFS release (> v3.0).

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Joachim, the issue was solved in the 3.0 USBFS release