Driver FX3 for Windows 10

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have to test my USB 3.0 - FX 3 - Application with Windows 10. Do you have a new driver, under the newest SDK 1.3.3 I only find drivers for WinXP to Win 8.1?  I'm working with a FX3 on the electronic hardware and the GUI with Cyapi.lib/dll.

Another question...my application runs under USB 2.0 and with external USB 3.0 Host Controller, but never with USB 3.0 onboard (Intel-Chipset in HP-Desktop). Driver installation was ok, application starts, data receiver and displaying also works but after a few seconds the system crashes. Hardware is tested, also with other interfaces, so I think there is something wrong with the Intel-Driver under Win 7.

Can you please help me, are there any experiences?

BR

0 Likes
12 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

1) We are in process of developing a driver of windows 10 and it will be launched soon. But the timeline is not confirmed yet,

2) Please record a USB Trace and check what is goin wrong with the Interl On Board Host.

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Madhu,

I'm sure you and your team are busy dealing with some of the new hurdles presented by the new Windows 10 driver signing requirements. [1] [2] [3]

I realize you may not have all the answers right now, but do you think Cypress will be able to provide its FX3 customers some advice on re-distributing your upcoming Windows 10 driver, after changing the VID/PID in CyUSB3.INF (per the CyUSB3.sys programmer's reference.)

From my understanding (correct me if I'm wrong!), Windows 10 will require developers to get an EV cert, which includes uploading drivers package to the sysdev portal and signing some sort of "attestation agreement" saying you've tested the driver.  Cross-signing will no longer suffice.

Since your team is inevitably going through this, any chance you could add some notes on this to future releases to the CyUSB3.sys Programmer's Reference?

For those of us that use the CyUSB3.sys and only add our device's VID/PID and re-sign, this new driver signing sounds like it's going to be a painful experience...

Thank you,

jzk

[1] http://blogs.msdn.com/b/windows_hardware_certification/archive/2015/04/01/driver-signing-changes-in-...

[2] https://www.osr.com/nt-insider/2015-issue2/driver-signing-windows-10/

[3] http://www.osronline.com/showthread.cfm?link=268241

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Have you release the FX3 driver for win10 and how to get it ?

Thanks

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Madhu,

It got to be a hard work to build the new driver. Do you have any idea about when it will be released? I just upgraded to win 10, deleted windows.old(which is essential to get back to win8), and found that I am not able to use the device..... I should have checked this... (mad at myself)

Thank you

Tony

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please create a technical support case for getting the Windows 10 driver for FX3.

Dhritiman

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Win 10 drivers for FX2LP/FX3 can be downloaded from this Knowledge Base Article.

(http://www.cypress.com/knowledge-base-article/drivers-ez-usb-fx1-and-fx2lp-kba94413)

------------------------------------------------UPDATE--------------------------------------------------

Please download Fx3 SDK from given  Path and install.

install and bind driver from below path after SDK installation.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\driver

------------------------------------------------END----------------------------------------------------------

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The associated page (drivers-ez-usb-fx1-and-fx2lp-kba94413) does not explicitely mention FX3. So are you sure that it concerns both FX2LP and FX3 ?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, It can be used with all FX1/FX2/FX3

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dhritiman, 

Do you know if these version 1.2.3 drivers work with Windows 10 beyond version 1607? More specifically, can they be signed by the Dev Portal with Extended Validation after updating the .inf file to reference my device?

Thanks,

Sheldon

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

For what it's worth, we are using these drivers with no issue on Windows 10 Creator's Update.  (Version 1703).

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all:

I followed the Cypress CyUsb3 sys Programmers Reference Guide to install windows 10 driver x64 on my PC

but my fx3 device cannot work

In Device Manager the status is "this device cannot start (code 10)"

the only difference from the reference guide is that I disabled driver signing before I install the driver

what did i do wrong?

thanks in advance

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do the Win 10 drivers for FX2LP/FX3 pass the Windows-Hardware-Lab-Kit (HLK) Tests ?

0 Likes