USB Audio device programming

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello there,

I have a custom board using a PDM output digital mic running into the CY8C5667LTI-LP009 MCU.  I use a slightly edited version of the source code found here. I programmed the MCU using the MiniProg3 over SWD with the Cypress Programmer 3.23.1 and it all seemed to go smoothly. However, when I plug in the board via USB to a mac or PC the thing doesn't enumerate. Does anyone have any nuggets of info on why this might be happening?

Is there some special way to program the MCU so that it will enumerate as a USB audio device or should it work when programmed the way I mention?

Ive attached the schematic in case that helps.

Any help would be much appreciated and virtual beer tokens can be sent!

Charlie

0 Likes
5 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

There is nothing special in programming with a miniprog3. Your "small" modifications could be the reason. Do you use Creator3.3? Can you post your complete project, so that we all can have a look at all of your settings? To do so, use
Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)
and attach the resulting file.

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is entirely possible. I use Creator 2.2. Hope thats not an issue.

Heres the minimal bundle.

Thank-you for taking the time to look into this!

Charlie

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Is there a reason for you using Creator 2.2 instead of 3.3? there have been dramatic changes made and issues corrected.

When I open your project in Creator 3.3 there are two components missing and a lot of components require an update.

Your modifications are concerned with the USB-port?

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used Creator 2.2 because the example code was written using 2.2 and I didn't want to veer off the working example. There seems to be some issues when converting the project to Creator 3.3 that I didn't want to get bogged down with.

I only modified the target device from the CY8CKIT-042 Pioneer Kit's      CY8C5868LTI-LP039 to the CY8C5667LTI-LP009. I did this in the main project and also the Bootloader and Bootloadable projects. I also dropped the VDD voltages down to 2.5V rather than 3.3V as the board we use runs at that V. I didn't change anything USB related.

As Im directly programming the MCU over SWD maybe I don't need the bootloader and bootloable components? Could this be affecting the devices ability to boot and enumerate?

Charlie

0 Likes

Hello,

Can you program a simple USBFS program to the PSoC5LP and check if the USB is enumerating in this case.

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes