Trace for MAC IDE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Presently MAC WICED IDE doesn't support trace. When can we expect this feature?

0 Likes
1 Solution
StBa_721356
Level 5
Level 5
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Well, the Mac version does support traces in SDK 2.0.1. But you cannot see the output in the IDE.

Instead you have to use the peripheral UART for trace output and you have to use a Terminal app connected to

the peripheral UART to see the output.

To do this add the following line in APPLICATION_INIT():

ble_trace_enable = 1;

Just search for trace in the forum and you will find several threads about this issue.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Sambhav,

The Trace for MAC IDE is supported in the new SDK 2.1 Release.

The SDK 2.1 MAC IDE Release should occur next week.

Thanks,

JT

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey JT,

Any update on the Mac 2.1.0 SDK?

StBa_721356
Level 5
Level 5
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Well, the Mac version does support traces in SDK 2.0.1. But you cannot see the output in the IDE.

Instead you have to use the peripheral UART for trace output and you have to use a Terminal app connected to

the peripheral UART to see the output.

To do this add the following line in APPLICATION_INIT():

ble_trace_enable = 1;

Just search for trace in the forum and you will find several threads about this issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm also curious on a trace feature for Mac? And any update on the 2.1SDK for Mac.

I was wondering if anyone has any terminal recommendations that can insert the new line character (or whatever character needs to be inserted to format the trace correctly)? I am using nanocom at the moment but I don't see a configuration option with nanocom that will work.

0 Likes

The SDK 2.1.1 based MAC IDE is being tested now and should be released this week.

0 Likes

I use minicom (http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Developer-Tools/Minicom.shtml) on my Mac. The version is quite old (2.2 vs. 2.7 which is the latest minicom version) but it works nicely.

To get the correct format of the trace you have to set 'Add linefeed On' and 'Linewrap On'.

The linefeed option can be made persistent by adding 'pu add linefeed Yes' to the configuration file at ~/.minirc.dfl.

Unfortunately the Linewrap option cannot be specified in the 2.2 version of minicom. You would need a newer version. But this is not a big issue...

SDK 2.1.1 for the Mac is now available: WICED-Smart-SDK-2.1.1-IDE-Installer.zip