Problem with USB HID

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

sorry for my english. I'm using the USB HID Example AN82072 with some changes. I change this to a 64 bit data performance. It works. But when i add some code in the program loop, i cant receive data from the PC. Send to PC is ok. I think is timing problem, but what can i do? Here is a little piece of the code.

for(;;)
    {

if(USBFS_GetEPState(IN_ENDPOINT) == USBFS_IN_BUFFER_EMPTY)
            {

/* Load data located in IN_Data_Buffer and load it into the IN endpoint */
                USBFS_LoadInEP(IN_ENDPOINT, IN_Data_Buffer, MAX_NUM_BYTES);
                /* Enable the OUT endpoint to recieve data */
                USBFS_EnableOutEP(OUT_ENDPOINT);
            }    

/* Check to see if the OUT Endpoint is full from a recieved transaction. */
        if(USBFS_GetEPState(OUT_ENDPOINT) == USBFS_OUT_BUFFER_FULL)
        {
            /* Get the number of bytes recieved */
            Byte_Count = USBFS_GetEPCount(OUT_ENDPOINT);
            /* Read the OUT endpoint and store data in OUT_Data_Buffer */
            USBFS_ReadOutEP(OUT_ENDPOINT, OUT_Data_Buffer, Byte_Count);
            /* Re-enable OUT endpoint */
            USBFS_EnableOutEP(OUT_ENDPOINT);
        }

temperature = MeasureThermoCoupleTemp();

}

With this code "temperature = MeasureThermoCoupleTemp();" it doesn't work. Without this code i can receive data from PC.

Thanks

Sven

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

The data from host is captured automatically, but you look into your buffer even when it is not filled because nothing was received yet.

The receiving code part is in an "if"-clause which is not executed when there is no data yet. If you use a while-clause you can be sure that you did received data.

A way out could be to enable the interrupts for your USBFS component and insert in USBFS_episr.c near line 155 some (keep it short!) code to indicate data was received.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Welcome in the forum, Sven.

It is always advisable to post your complete project, so that we all can have a look at all of your settings. To do so, use
Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)
and attach the resulting file. With the few information I cannot see an issue.

Bob

PS: I am located near Bremen, where do you live?

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Bob,

thanks for your welcome. I am in the near Nürnberg. Far away from you. I found more about my problem. When the time between the checks "USB OutBuffer full" is to long (more then 5ms) the data from PC will not received or ignored. Time is less then 5ms data received. I set in the USBFS element in the Endpoint descriptors the intervall time higher. No effect. More "USB OutBuffer full"  request in the loop, then it's ok, data received. I post my test program. I hope, you can help me.

Thanks and regards

Sven

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

You should remove all your delays and move your Process_EP2() into the preceding if-clause just below the copy of the data into your buffer and the re-enabling of the out-EP.

Bob

PS: So we presumably will meet in February 2016 when visiting the "embedded world" faire at Nürnberg (Nuremberg)

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for help, Bob. Maybe we will meet on the "embedded". The delays are a  replacement for other code. Normally the loop time is about 80ms. And then i don't receive data from the host. That's my problem, long program loop time.

Thanks

Sven

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

The data from host is captured automatically, but you look into your buffer even when it is not filled because nothing was received yet.

The receiving code part is in an "if"-clause which is not executed when there is no data yet. If you use a while-clause you can be sure that you did received data.

A way out could be to enable the interrupts for your USBFS component and insert in USBFS_episr.c near line 155 some (keep it short!) code to indicate data was received.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The hint with the interrupt was good. Works fine.

Thanks

Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Glad to have been of some help!

Bob

0 Likes
MiSt_296941
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

Bob,

I have a similar issue.  I cloned the code from AN82072 and then modified it.  The way the code was originally written the check for IN data happens very often (in the Main infinite loop).  I only need to send data to the Host very infrequently - actually I have a master slave relationship with the PC software - it asks for data and I send it, but again the PC software only asks infrequently.  What I found is that if I fill the IN endpoint less often then 10ms, I lose the ability to send data to the PC and the PC software that came with AN82072 crashes.

I thought it might be tied to the interval in the IN Endpoint but changing that to a higher value (100ms) didn't help either.  What determines how often the IN Endpoint has to be filled?  Why does this work this way?

Mike.

0 Likes