P4 I2C Dual Image In-App Bootloader Examples

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
KevinR_91
Employee
Employee
25 replies posted 10 likes received 10 replies posted

New with Creator 3.3 you can not create dual image bootloaders easily on PSoC4 devices.  I put together a couple examples using I2C and EZI2C to help people get started!  Here are some of the features that are covered in these examples:

1) Dual Image In-Application Bootloading – Allows loading a new image from within the executing application image.
2) P4 Dual Image Optimization – Enables Link time optimization, and shows an example of API inline optimized code in order to make the dual image bootloader a much more viable solution for 32k devices.
3) Launcher ONLY bootloader – Bootloader contains no communication interface to save code space.
4) SCB dynamic reconfiguration between I2C and EZI2C – Allows a project that uses simple EZI2C to still use the bootloader component which only supports I2C.
5) In-Application Image Switching – Allows a device to jump between images based on external stimulus (pseudo-dynamic reconfiguration).

The full project can be found in the attached ZIP, with a short word doc describing a few more details on the project.  All projects were tested on the PSoC4A Pioneer Board CY8CKIT-042, with Miniprog3, PSoC Creator, Bootloader Host Tool and Bridge Control Panel.

0 Likes
6 Replies
KevinR_91
Employee
Employee

By NOT, I meant NOW.....

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

@kfr

There is an edit feature...

Bob

0 Likes
mattl_01
Employee
Employee
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Coolio, Kevin!

Thanks, Bob. Is the edit feature obvious? (hopefully I will see it after this post).

0 Likes
KevinR_91
Employee
Employee

Bob,

It looks like the edit feature doesn't show up on the original post, but I can see it on my reply.

0 Likes

Tell the missing edit to Robyn!

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone, I am new in the bootloader PSoC world, I have a project with a GPRS module to make bootloader to a PSoC5 device (OTA bootloader), its possible with a dual-image project make a self-programming update firmware?, in other words, the same PSoC system could be the host and the target with the dual-image process?

0 Likes