PSoC wake up from sleep and executing interrupt at 1 second

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GeMo_285911
Level 4
Level 4
First like received

Hello,

I would like to ask if there is a possibility of waking up the PSoC from sleep using an interrupt (internal) every one second? I am interested if it is possible to do this without counting milliseconds. I used the SleepTimer, but, unfortunately, it generates an interrupt every 1024ms.

Thank you!

George

0 Likes
1 Solution
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

From the datasheet (component) -

General Description

The Real-Time Clock (RTC) component provides accurate time and date information for the
system. The time and date are updated every second based on a one pulse per second interrupt
from a 32.768-kHz crystal. Clock accuracy is based on the crystal provided and is typically
20 ppm.

Regards, Dana.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

To do that precisely you'll need a 32kHz crystal which can be configured as the source for wake-up from sleep.

Look into the "System Reference Guide" accessible from Creator's help-menu.

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
GeMo_285911
Level 4
Level 4
First like received

Hello,

I am trying to use the RTC to wake the PSoC up every one second, but I am missing something. The RTC_EverySecondHandler() should toggle a LED but it fails to do so. Could you please, help me with this?

I attached the project.

Regards,

George

0 Likes
GeMo_285911
Level 4
Level 4
First like received

A simple question, just to be sure. The RTC only works when a 32kHz EXTERNAL crystal attached?

Thank you,

George

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9

From the datasheet (component) -

General Description

The Real-Time Clock (RTC) component provides accurate time and date information for the
system. The time and date are updated every second based on a one pulse per second interrupt
from a 32.768-kHz crystal. Clock accuracy is based on the crystal provided and is typically
20 ppm.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
0 Likes
GeMo_285911
Level 4
Level 4
First like received

Thank you! I know that there is an internal 32kHz clock and the possibility of adding an external ctystal. There is no clear statement made in the documents that the RTC only works with the external one. That was my doubt.

Regards,

George

0 Likes