Solar powered PSoC 4

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ShBa_282106
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

Hi,

I am new to PSoC 4 , but have a handful of projects on PSoC 3. I want to use CY8CKIT-042 with a solar panel. Application  is simple gross counting of pulses. How should I start? Also is there anything done already with this?

Thanks

Neha

0 Likes
1 Solution
Yuva
250 replies posted 250 sign-ins 100 solutions authored

Hi Neha,

You can have a look at our RDK-CYALKIT-E02 in the following link. S6AE103A harvest the solar power and powers the BLE module. You can have similar approach with PSoC4.

CYALKIT-E02 Solar-Powered BLE Sensor Beacon Reference Design Kit (RDK)

Thanks,

Yuva.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

What exactly do you want to perform? Charging a battery when there is light enough and living on that saved energy 365/24

Or just running your Pioneer kit when there is light (which will be difficult at the power-up time)?

Afaik there is a PSoC1 project with the technical background for charging batteries with solar panels. Just type "solar charger" (with quotes!!) into the keyword search field at top of this page,

Bob

0 Likes
ShBa_282106
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

Hi

Am not looking forward to charge the battery, just that it should work when the light is enough and fall back to power-on-board when its dark.  Still looking for the feasibility of this idea.

Thanks for the reference Bob

Neha

0 Likes
Yuva
250 replies posted 250 sign-ins 100 solutions authored

Hi Neha,

You can have a look at our RDK-CYALKIT-E02 in the following link. S6AE103A harvest the solar power and powers the BLE module. You can have similar approach with PSoC4.

CYALKIT-E02 Solar-Powered BLE Sensor Beacon Reference Design Kit (RDK)

Thanks,

Yuva.

0 Likes