CY7C65215 - I2C does not work

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I've configured the chip to 2x I2C Master, but can not send any data out. When I change the chip configuration to UART, everything works fine, I can see the transmission at the outputs and the notification LED blinks at this time. But in I2C mode there is nothing and the notification LED comes on for around 10s. When I start the application, for the first couple of requests UsbdStatusString() returns

state=SUCCESS status=USBD_STATUS_SUCCESS

and the outEndpoint.LastError returns 997. Then the following requests return

state=UNKNOWN status=UNKNOWN

and the LastError is still 997.

Application is the same, all I change is the mode of the chip (using Cypress USB-Serial Configuration Utility). I have already changed the chip, but with no success. I2C outputs are not connected to anything, there are only pull-ups (2k2) on SCL and SDA lines (28,29,5,6).

Below is the configuration of the chip:

<ENDPOINT>  Type="BULK"  Direction="OUT"  Address="01h"  Attributes="02h"  MaxPktSize="64"  DescriptorType="5"  DescriptorLength="7"  Interval="0" </ENDPOINT> <ENDPOINT>  Type="BULK"  Direction="IN"  Address="82h"  Attributes="02h"  MaxPktSize="64"  DescriptorType="5"  DescriptorLength="7"  Interval="0" </ENDPOINT> <ENDPOINT>  Type="INTERRUPT"  Direction="IN"  Address="83h"  Attributes="03h"  MaxPktSize="64"  DescriptorType="5"  DescriptorLength="7"  Interval="10" </ENDPOINT>

Is anyone able to help me? Best regards, LUK

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Are you able to notice any signals on the I2C lines when you probe them?

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

no, nothing on the I2C lines. That is why at first I thought, that the I2C transceiver is damaged. But I changed the chip and disconnected everything but the pull-ups and this did not help.

The strange thing is that the notification LED stays on for about 10s, when I try to transmit something.

Regards,

LUK

0 Likes