RTC with PSoC1

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GeMo_285911
Level 4
Level 4
First like received

Hello,

I am looking for documentation regarding the use of rtcAPI in PSoC1 and the modifications required for adding an external crystal oscillator to the PSoC1 CY3210 dev board. I have done it already, and I use it in one of my projects. However, I cannot find the documentation regarding these aspects on the Cypress site. Can someone help me, please?

Regards,

George

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

The CY3210-PSoCEval1 board has already got the 32kHz crystal on board, you just need to enable that in hardware. Have a look into the schematic,

Bob

0 Likes

It has to pe populated. The crystal is not present on the board. However, there is no such component, RTC in PSoC Designer. There is only a software library, and I was not able to find its documentation. Do you know anything about that?

Thanks,

George

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Mine is an old one (5 years) and it had the 32kHz crystal on it. Nonetheless, there is a bill of materials showing what is needed.

There is no RTC component for PSoC1, but you may adopt the sources from PSoC4 or PSoC5 components (Take care, they are different)

Bob

0 Likes