Cy8CKIT-044 4200M Deep-Sleep Current Draw

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I use Cy8cKit-042, I am able to measure the current draw going down to about 10uA in deep-sleep mode.

When I use the 044 Kit with 4200M PSoC, the current draw at deep sleep mode is still about 180uA, which is too high for my application.

What did I miss? My program does not do much other than flashing LED, going to deep sleep and then wake up flashing LED and go to deep sleep.

Thanks

Greg

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

There is the IO-pin which is not in high-z mode when sleeping and there is the SWD (Serial Wire Debug) enabled (in System tab). Both will affect power consumption.

Bob

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Welcome in the forum, Greg!

We could say a bit more (or even a byte more 😉 when you post your complete project with all of your settings.  To do so, use
Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)
and attach the resulting file.

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, Bob.

The bundle is attached.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

There is the IO-pin which is not in high-z mode when sleeping and there is the SWD (Serial Wire Debug) enabled (in System tab). Both will affect power consumption.

Bob

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Greg,

Can you please let me know if you are still observing high current consumption after finish modification mentioned in the previous interaction?

Thanks

Ramesh B

0 Likes