Cypress EZ USB Suite throws errors in example programs(examples which came along with the FX3 SDK installation)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I installed FX3 SDK and imported the example programs that came along with the installation.When I compile I get same error for all the example programs.

ERRORS:

1. Symbol 'NULL' could not be resolved

2.Type 'uint32_t' could not be resolved

3.Type 'uint8_t' could not be resolved

4.Type 'uint16_t' could not be resolved

I did not change any settings and built the programs after installing.They give the same errors all the time.

I have also attached an Image.Kindly take a look.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same problem .. and I don't understand why not more people complained about it.
First of all, the errors are coming from the 'scanner' .. if you check the 'Console' tab you will probably notice that it still built the image.
It appears the problem is caused by the newly (1.3.3) introduced FX3SDKVERSION environment variable.
To get rid of the errors, I did this:

Select your project in Project Exporer, right click it, and select Properties
Expand C/C++ General
Click on 'Paths and Symbols'
Select 'GNU C'
Edit the shown Path string replace '${FX3SDKVERSION} with 1_3_3
Click OK, OK, and Yes ('Do you wish to rebuild')

In a few seconds the errors will disappear.
You will have to do this for every project.

Let me know if this works for you ...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Dutchdoc,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

This worked for me. And errors are not appearing after building.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad I could help .. but you have to keep in mind that when a new SDK version comes out, and you want your projects to use the latest support files, you will have to manually change that Path. (Something they had hoped to fix, I suppose, by using an environment variable, which, btw IS defined in your project (Project -> Properties -> C/C++ Build -> Build Variables), but for some reason doesn't work.)

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do we have to make this substitution for every case of ${FX3SDKVERSION} in the build settings or just the one you point out here?  Your solution fixed the error, but is it still linking in old libraries because eclipse is not applying this build setting in other places that use this variable?  It seems to be properly set and I don't understand why it doesn't take. Is it because it is declared as a String and certain settings require some other type?

0 Likes