Headset Profile (HSP)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

is there any hope of getting the Headset Profile  added to the PSoC's BLE   recognized profile list? Seen here.

I would like to design a PSoC 4 BLE project that can connect to existing bluetooth headsets or earbuds, in order to play a short, prerecorded tune.

Or perhaps there is way to build a custom profile to match the HSP specs?

Are there any example of doing something similar to this?

I am a novice at using BLE, so I am worried about getting a custom profile to work with existing products

Thank you for any advice.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Probably not. We are here in BLE which is Bluetooth Low Energy. Continuously sending audio data is not "Low Energy".

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Probably not. We are here in BLE which is Bluetooth Low Energy. Continuously sending audio data is not "Low Energy".

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with Bob. I guess that is pretty much the reason why there is no Headset profile for BLE. Apart from low power, reliability of the continuous data for audio maybe a problem.

But if you do want something like "voice" transfer over BLE, you can find the custom implementation in the CY5672 BLE Remote RDK (http://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cy5672-proc-ble-remote-control-reference...). Do note that it is voice and not audio; there is difference between the two.

Additionally, if you want to design your own BLE custom profile, then you can refer to the following application notes:

1) AN91267 (http://www.cypress.com/go/AN91267) for learning BLE basics

2) AN91162 (www.cypress.com/AN91162) that will help you with the steps required to design custom profile.