PSOCCreator 3.3 does not program or compiler correctly.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

PSOC Creator Versions: 3.3 & 3.2

Prototype Kit: CY8CKIT-049-42XX (Processor Type- CY8C4245-AXI483)

I hav been using PSOC Creator 3.2 for some time now, and have no problems with it, the projects created and compiled with this work OK. However I downloaded PSOCCreator 3.3 just yesterday, and now I find that the projects that were working on PSOC Creator 3.2 do not work when compiled and programmed with the 3.3 version.

The projects compile correctly, no errors are reported, also the target prototype kit is programmed correctly by the bootloader host, however the prototype kit I am using does not work expected, in fact it does not work at all, it seems the processor is not powering up correctly, and the pins appear to be floating. But the same program while compiled and programmed in 3.2 version works correctly.

Please advise what is wrong. I have also attached the workspace that I was referring to above.

Thanks

a

0 Likes
4 Replies
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Arjb: I tried your program on Psoc Creator 3.3 on a windows 10 machine and it complied and loaded with the bootloader and it starts out with the led on and then when you press the button the LED blinks.  I can see no problem with your program so it must be your drivers for the programming machine,  You could try to re-install Psoc Creator 3.3 again.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did just that, un-installed all Cypress PSOC versions 3.2 and 3.3. Then just installed version 3.3.

Unfortunately the problem did not go away. I 'Cleaned and compiled' the application, but even then the kit does not run. I suspect the bootloader host program could be the problem....

thanks

a

0 Likes
BrMc_296271
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

After I upgraded to 3.3, the programmer software fussed about each of my boards in turn:

Prog version Expecting 2.12, but found 2.11. Please use PSoC Programmer GUI to upgrade firmware.

Is it possible you were getting this message but it was being hidden somewhere you couldn't see? You might want to upgrade the programmer firmware anyway, on general principles.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you create the technical support case in cypress.com website, by Cypress.com-> Design support-> Create a support case to create the technical support case.

Thanks

Ramesh B

0 Likes