Custom component fails due to headers missing

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I am trying to get the custom easy_eeprom component to work but I get a compile error due to the CySpc.h not being found.

I am using a PSoc4200.

I did try the built-in eeprom component and that work for a long time. Then I added an item to the array and from then it never worked again. When I look at the generated code almost every important thing is optimized out. It does not faiul but just does not write the flash.

Can someone assist with the missing header please?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

You will have to tell us a bit more:

Which PSoC are you referring to?

Which Creator version are you running?

Can you post your complete project, so that we all can have a look at all of your settings? To do so, use
Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)
and attach the resulting file.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

You will have to tell us a bit more:

Which PSoC are you referring to?

Which Creator version are you running?

Can you post your complete project, so that we all can have a look at all of your settings? To do so, use
Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)
and attach the resulting file.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bob

I did say PSoc4200. The file in question is part of a system service or component that is for the PSoc5 range only. The creator of the custom component neglected to mention that the component will only work on PSoc5.

I am trying to use this component because the built-in easy_eeprom component does not always function correctly. For some reason it does not write the flash location. When I step into the code I found that many important pointers are optimized out for some reason and my uneducated impression is that the component cannot function correctly like that.

Sorry I cannot post the code on open forum as I am restricted from doing so.

0 Likes
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted
        Marius, There is another component for saving data to EEPROM. It works with PSoC4200. Check if works for you http://www.cypress.com/forum/psoc-community-components/myeeprom-component-saverecall-application-set...   
0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

When I create a new project using Creator 3.3 and as target a PSoC4200 i have in the "System"folder a component named emEEPROM that just works fine.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Bob I will give it a go.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

It says that the component is not compatible with the selected device. (CY8C2445AXI) I think it writes to the eeprom in the PSoc devices. There are none of those in the PSoc 4200

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Typo or mis-selected? The device is CY8C4245AXI. As a matter of fact, Creator 3.3 offers me an emEEprom component

Project attached

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bob

Yes that is the emulated EEPROM, (emEEPROM)not a real eeprom like in the PSoc5. It is the exact component that is giving trouble.

Anyhow, I did get a possible solution from Cypress support that I must still test. In the meantime I opted to use the native flash routines to write to a row of flash at the end of the block.

0 Likes