Need Help on AM signal generation with EZ-BLE module

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
N_SE_329246
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

Hello ,

we have a medical application demanding for AM modulated signal generation with

Carrier freq :- 2500Hz or 4000Hz, Modulating signal of 50Hz with 10% modulation and also we need it to have digitally controlled overall output in range of 0 to 1V in 20 steps .. our application demands BLE connectivity with smallest size as possible. so i cant opt for so much external components...we have selected EZ-BLE module...but it lacks programmable blocks, but it has a mixer component...we need help on Amplitude modulation signal generation with output amplitude control.Thank u.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum, chandra!

When you use a CY8CBLE-214009-00 module (same size as yours) you will have a lot of programmable blocks. Additionally there are a few UDBs inside which may allow for programming some complex digital functions. Probably you can use PWMs with external Rs to generate your needed AM-modulation.

Probably one of the other cracks here can point you into the right direction using AM modulation. When all fails contact Cypress directly by creating a support case (At top of this page - Design Support -> Create a Support Case)

Bob

0 Likes

Hi Bob,

Thank you very much. but unfortunately those modules looks like not available yet. so i am looking for alternatives. even i tried to use PSOC 4 BLE(4247 IC)but even it looks like it lacks the mixer component which is needed for AM generation. now at worst case , i am trying to use an external DAC and trying to figure out the possibility of generating the AM signal mathmatically from EZ-BLE and then inputiing to DAC..suggest some alternatives .Thank you

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

None of the PSoC4 devices has got a mixer component, only PSoC3 and 5 have got one.

PSoC3 or 5 haven't got a bluetooth interface.

Seemingly a hard nut, consider contacting Cypress directly by creating a Support case (Top of this page Design Support -> Create a Support Case)

Bob

0 Likes