Fx3Sdk arm-gcc as can't find target CPU on Linux 

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm running into a strange problem with my installation of the FX3 SDK on my Linux system (CentOs7).

When trying to compile the examples, the assembler parts of the compilation can't recognize the target CPU.

To show an example output:

arm-none-eabi-gcc -g -DTX_ENABLE_EVENT_TRACE -DDEBUG -DCYU3P_FX3=1 -D__CYU3P_TX__=1 -I. -I../../../fw_lib/1_3_3/inc  -O0 -Wall -mcpu=arm926ej-s -mthumb-interwork -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -c -o cyfxbulksrcsink.o cyfxbulksrcsink.c
as: unrecognized option '-mcpu=arm926ej-s'

I verified that the correct compiler is used (arm-none-eabi-gcc --version yields arm-none-eabi-gcc (Sourcery CodeBench Lite 2013.11-24) 4.8.1) and checked if I followed all installation steps, but I couldn't find an error.

So I tried the SDK on a Windows machine where it works fine, but the compiler is essentially the same version.

Did anyone have the same problem or has an idea what could be the issue here?

Thanks

Matthias

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

So it turns out that gcc is using the wrong assembler (normal as instead of the cross-assembler).

For myself I could fix this by adding the option "-B<path_to_arm cross compiler>/bin/arm-none-eabi-" in the cpp flags.

0 Likes