Regarding low Power USB2.0 Hub controller CY7C65631­56LTXI

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Greetings of the Day!!!

I am Dinesh Katkar, I would like to share my product block diagram,where I have selected Cypress chip CY7C65631­56LTXI for USB hub.I would like to request you to provide the support for the same.

I have selected USB upstream port as 10118192-0001LF Micro-USB connector and USB downstream 4 ports as below..

1. 2 ports of hub for Dual USB connector-61400826021

2.one port of hub for USB to ethernet controller chip-(LAN9500I­ABZJ) 

3.one port of hub for thermocouple reading through USB to SPI converter...

I am bit confused with USB upstream port Micro-USB connector ? Can we use MicroUSB connector to connect this with RPi model B and will do controlling through Raspberry board.

Also I found reference design for USB2.0 hub ,where I found 2 VBUS power switches MIC2026-2YM from micrel.Is it necessary?

Looking forward for your positive response regarding support for Micro-USB connector selection as USB upstream port and 2 VBUS power switch requirements and suggest me if any modifications is required in my end product...

kindly see the attached block diagram for the reference....

Thanks and Warm Regards,

Dinesh katkar

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

If you want USb certification, you need to have power switches which turn off the power to the downstream port when it draws more than current(>100mA for self powered HUB and >500mA for bus powered HUB).

You can use micro- B connector on the upstream port of HUB.

Regards,

Vikas.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Vikas,

Thank you for your positive response!!!

I used Cypress USB hub 4 port CY7C65631 ,2 downstream port from usb hub is going to USB dual connector ,one downstream port to USB -Ethernet IC and one downstream port to USB -SPI for thermocuouple readings.

I have one doubt as  USB upstream port is coming from Rapsberry Pi...and how to program the USB hub and USB to ethernet hub as both having EEPROM and can program using ISP.My question is how to program whether on board any JTAG is required or SPI lines should required to interface with external microcontroller for programming the USB hub

Kindly see the attached block diagram

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I tested the board,but when I connect port of the USB hub to my computer then there will be alert message saying ""power surge - usb is getting lower power than it normally requires"".

Please guide me in design of USB hub..

0 Likes