PSoC5LP P.K. USB Bulk Example + Windows10 [SOLVED]

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
cadi_1014291
Level 6
Level 6
25 likes received 10 likes received 10 likes given

Hi all,

First time testing USB example projects, i did test the USB_UART and it seems working. Today i test the Bulk Wraparound example, adapt it t run on the PSoC5LP Prototyping Kit, and it build successfully (i changed operating voltage to 5V, as the kit have not on-board regulator, also changed the voltages on the System part inside the .cydwr).

I did follow the steps marked on the schematic, and also follow this video:

http://www.cypress.com/blog/psoc-insiders-blog/psoc-35-bulk-usb-example

I found .inf file on this path:  {InstallationPath}\Cypress\Cypress USB-Serial Driver\DriverBinary\Vendor_Driver\bin\Win81\x64

When i plug the Kit via on-board USB, the pc see it, but with a warning "No controllers installed", so i search the .inf file, and i get this error:

"Windows couldn't find the controller software for the device"

i guess it's because the .inf file i edit was on the Win8.1 subdirectory of the Cypress Suite USB installation path, or because the .inf file says 3 (usb3.0?), or maybe i'm missing something else.

I did copy both .inf and .sys files into my project directory as the video stated.

Has anyone test this example on Windows10? Any idea on what change must be done to get this running properly?

Project attached with .inf and .sys files

0 Likes
3 Replies
cadi_1014291
Level 6
Level 6

Solved, it was the Windows 10 security. It was solved enabling the "unsigned drivers installation".

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

I love windows     😉

Bob

0 Likes
cadi_1014291
Level 6
Level 6

Me too ;-), i think the unique software that make me still with windows is PsoC Creator 😕

Carlos

0 Likes