Ring buffer problem in UART

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am using SN8200 Murata module and WICED-SDK-2.4.0.

I am using UART to send and receive data from a device. I have disabled DMA by using PLATFORM_DISABLE_UART_DMA macro. The data is received through a ring buffer.

I have attached part of the log.

I have the following problems/queries.

1. The received data from the device (UART Rx Data) gets shifted after sometime. The received data is highlighted.

2. I am sending 8 bytes of data to the device (UART Tx Data Size & UART Tx Data). But if we see the Number of times the UART Tx Interrupt has occurred, it is 18 (12 in hex). Why is this happening ?

Please help me in this regard.

Thanks in Advance.

0 Likes
4 Replies
SeyhanA_31
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hi,

Could you please share your setup with more details? Please share your software setup with me so that I could recreate the problem. If you like, you may share files by e-mailing them to me directly.

Thanks,

Seyhan

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi seyhan,

Thanks for the reply. I have attached a document which explains our setup in little more detail.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Any updates in this issue ?

0 Likes

Hi,

I could not be able to duplicate your problem. With normal serial port interface setup that I have does not show reported issue. Perhaps it is triggered by the half duplex setup is used on your system.

WIthout the hw/sw used to report the problem, I would not be able to recreate the problem.

Seyhan

0 Likes