Verilog AMS

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

PSoC Creator supports Verilog AMS?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
        As you know, Creator supported by Warp-Verilog   
I don't know Verilog-AMS is support the Creator   
Maybe not   

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
        As you know, Creator supported by Warp-Verilog   
I don't know Verilog-AMS is support the Creator   
Maybe not   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Under Programs -> Cypress -> PSoC Creator 3.0 ->  Component Development Kit you will find the "Wartp VeriLog Reference Guide" which will show you what is included. Mostly the difference to Verilog is that there are *NO* simulation statements supported.

Bob

Anonymous
Not applicable

I asked about Verilog AMS because the AMS supports the analog part.

I'll try another way.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        I think this is an interesting theme   
Because, PSoC schematic is finally written in Warp-verilog,   
Besides, PSoC has analog circuit of couse.   
So, It can say the Warp-verilog is kind of AMS-Verilog(Analog-Mixed-Signal)?   
I'm not shavvy so much   
0 Likes
HaMo_300691
Level 1
Level 1

No, Creator does not support Verilog AMS. Also, calling it Warp-Verilog is misleading. It supports a subset of synthesizable IEEE Verilog  2001/2005-- industry standard for synthesis tools. In simulation, you can file-io for instance and in synthesis, there is not good way to translate that into hardware. All synthesis tools only support a subset of HDL (Verilog or VHDL)

Back to Verilog AMS, Creator only supports connectivity for analog modules. This means it supports a wire of type "electrical" and currently it can only be used for connecting analog terminals. In a sense, this is a mini subset of Verilog AMS but hardly can be called as Verilog AMS. Also, the design rule checks for analog wires are different from digital wires in Creator.

Having said that, all Creator schematics get translated to Verilog and this Verilog IS Verilog-AMS compatible. Problem is that you may not have lower level models for the primitives. You can find/see this Verilog netlist in the output directory 🙂

Hope that helps.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
        @hdm I think you are not quite right. Warp Verilog allows analog and digital description of signals and functions.   

Bob   
0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Here is a link to some documentation regarding Warp Verilog www.cypress.com/ 

Bob

0 Likes
HaMo_300691
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, it allows and understands digital functions.

Not analog functions. Just connectivity and instantiation of analog primitives -- which are kind of like black boxes. It does not understand what is in that black box.

For instance: Warp will not understand the following Verilog-AMS function (a diode example from wikipedia)

inout a, c;      electrical a, c;      parameter real IS = 1.0e-14;  // User-configurable saturation current    real idio;
analog begin idio = IS * (limexp(V(a,c)/$vt) - 1);I(a,c) <+ idio;end

Analog connectivity: Fine. Funcationality and any kind of auto synthesis: No
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

One doubt...How can I instantiate the analog primitives?

0 Likes