Where i can find latest Creator 2.x?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

in the section "archive of old versions" there is only version 2.1. on how many I remember it not the latest version. where I can find the newest version? 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

There is still no reason not using the latest Creator version (actually 3.3). You will be confronted with minor bugs that are quite difficult to trace when using one of the older versions. The PSoC5 without the LP has bugs in the silicone which partly have been cared for in the older versions. That was the reason why Cypress replaced all chips for free with the newer LP-versions.

You may create a Support Case for getting a Creator 2.2 version, but I assure you, it is as bad as the 2.1.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

There is still no reason not using the latest Creator version (actually 3.3). You will be confronted with minor bugs that are quite difficult to trace when using one of the older versions. The PSoC5 without the LP has bugs in the silicone which partly have been cared for in the older versions. That was the reason why Cypress replaced all chips for free with the newer LP-versions.

You may create a Support Case for getting a Creator 2.2 version, but I assure you, it is as bad as the 2.1.

Bob

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

One of the reasons for using Creator 2.2 is doing projects with PSoC5 - its the last version to support them. I still have some DevKits laying around that can be put to good use. So its strange that you can download 2.1 but not 2.2.

0 Likes