Debugging with KitProg

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Just wondering if it is possible to debug the 049kit using the KitProg from the 059kit? I select the debug target from the Debug menu but no break points are hit. Is it flat out not compatible?

Thanks.

0 Likes
8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Might have answered my own question, in the kitprog user guide it doesn't list the 049kit but it does list the PSoC4200 I would have thought at least the architecture is supported.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

You can use the KitProg from the -059 board. You have to snap-off  at both boards the programmer and connect the -049 board to the KitProg, 5 connections, 2 Power XRes, sda and scl

Keep in mind that the PSoC4 will be powered with 5V!!

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Bob, removing the usb-serial on the 049 worked. Did it provide 3.3V power whereas the kitprog provided 5V?

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

No, take care! The Kitprog powers the -049 with 5V. Do not blow your peripherals!!

On the original USB-serial part of the -049 is no regulator, so it powers with 5V too.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Bob,

One other thing, since removing the KitProg it seems as if the UART side has stopped working, I cant seem to send or recieve any serial data.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

It is always a good idea to have a look into the schematics. The Kit's files are installed under ...\Program Files\Cypress.

When snapping off the KitProg you break two traces for the serial lines. You will have to connect them manually (plugs), the signals are connected to though-holes on both the kit and the kitprog.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Geez all I had to do was turn it over and read the bottom it gives the pin out right there. Rookie error, sorry. Thanks so much Bob you are a legend.   
0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

You are always welcome, Leaf of Trefoil!  😉

Bob

0 Likes