Cypress Bootloader API

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone,

I am fairly new to the PSoC programming and have to create a boot loader application. Is there anyway that I can learn more about the Boot loader API functions?

Thanks in advance,
Kaan

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is. All standard components in PSoC Creator have, when you double click them, a button "Datasheet" on the bottom-left.
Those datasheet always have a section about the API. This also applies to the bootloadable/bootloader components. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've read that but the API section is very general and doesn't mention all of the functions. Even though the function names are pretty self explanatory and that I can figure them out by trying, I wondered if there was any external source that I can read to hasten my prototyping process.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Merhaba! And welcome in the forum. cetin

All APIS are named and described in the datasheet, what exactly do you need more from a bootloader except loading and programming a new image into the chip and let it run.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Merhaba Bob,

I need the bootloader to go and check a web server for updates and update the current image with the update. Basically firmware over-the-air.

I am fairly new on this topic so I wanted to learn more about the bootloader functionalities before diving head on.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

There are examples on how to build your own BootLoader. For the sake of security I would suggest to do  OTA with an intermediate step: Putting the new firmware into a separate eeprom or FRam, always having a running (older) copy and when the update fails (for whatever reason) fall back to the older copy.

Bob

0 Likes