Adding HID interface to AN75779 project

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I need to add an HID interface to the UVC project AN75779.

I modified the descriptor file to add the HID interface, but I need some help adding the appropriate code to uvc.c.

It seems I need to add a thread (or modify an existing thread?), and check a flag for communication over the HID interface, but I'm just not sure how to do this correctly.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Likes
4 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI,

I have a sample project in which HID + UVC is implemented in CX3 (CX3 is similar to FX3 except it interfaces with Image sensors with MIPI Interface).

In this example, when GPIO 17 is triggered (made high or low), it sends character 'x' to PC. Serach for the text "HID" in the code to see the places where HID related code is added.

You can implement the same in FX3.

Regards,

-Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Please create a tech support case on our website and we will assist you with this.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Madhu and PRAG,

I do have an ongoing case for this issue:

Still no solution though. If either of you can add your assistance to help resolve this, it would be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Madhu,

I just wanted to add that I looked at your project, but it's unclear how to modify my UVC project in this way.

There are differences, such as how my project already creates a different (separate) thread for Control Request handling on EP0.

Should I create yet another thread for the HID interface in this way? If you look at the case, you will see what I am referring to.

Also, "CyU3PEventGet(&glTimerEvent, ..."  function from your HID example has many flags that would need to be defined in my project.

Thanks

0 Likes