EZ PRoC Power Modes are not working

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi to all,

I have done a simple program for testing the consumption of the EZ PRoC Module (CYBLE-022001-00). With that code the outcomes are as follows:

- Normal Mode: 12.47mA

- Deep Sleep: 1.48mA

- Hibernate: 0.24mA

The measures have been done according to the recommendations on the page 85, BLE Pioner Kit Guide for CY8CKIT-042-BLE documentation.

The code is attached. It uses Timer1 for create an interruption 5 seconds after starting. When the interruption happens, the module entries on one of the low power mode: or Deep Sleep or Hibernate, according to the mode the user has selected before the compilation and flashing.

According to the documentation (EZ-BLE PRoC Module, page 13), values should be near to the next:

- Normal Mode: 13.14mA

- Deep Sleep: 1.3uA

- Hibernate: 150nA

Does anyone could tell me why the values I have measured for low power are so far than it should be expected?

In advance, I appreciate a lot any suggestion.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

In your .cydwr file, Go to Systems tab -> Debug Select and Choose "GPIO". Now you should be able to achieve the numbers.

Regards,

-Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Madhu,

thank you very much for your response. Yes, as you say, it's needed to toggle the debug port as GPIO.

But something more is needed. Because on the example I have attached the BLE moduleis not in use, when CySysPmDeepSleep() is called, the ECO clock is not stopped, so it is needed to call CySysClkEcoStop() after CySysPmDeepSleep().

If it may be helpful for someone, attached is the program with the corrections I mentioned above.

Regards,

Josué

0 Likes