Eclipse not storing project changes

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having a problem with Eclipse, ok EZUsb Suite if you want, storing project changes. On Ubuntu, I created a workspace in my home directory and imported with copy example projects from the FX3 SDK. They compile and run.

However, when I open a project's preferences, and navigate to C/C++ Build -> Settings -> Cross ARM C Compiler -> Includes and add paths, while it works, when I close Eclipse the settings are lost at the next run of Eclipse.

Permissions seem ok on the .metadata tree. There is nothing in the log saying there was a problem. No dialogs pop, etc. It just silently looses settings.

I need to know:

1. Has Eclipse been modified to not store the values?
  3. What is the path to the file that holds the Includes and Warnings settings?
  5. Is there an explicit way to tell Eclipse to store project settings?
  7. Is there a way to enable more logging to diagnose the problem?
0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I determined than when the properties dialog is closed, this file is touched:

./workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.cdt.core/UsbI2cRegMode.language.settings.xml

But new include paths are missing in the file.

So I edited the file by hand and added them, and they are not displayed in the dialog box.

This just seems like a bug. It is touched the file date, but it is not modifying the file nor reading it. It behaves like the dialog was hard coded and some leftover code touches the file.

Can somebody an Cypress please help? My project is being held up by this.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Michael,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. This seems to be a bug. We will inform our software team and get it fixed in the future release. 

Regards,
-Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

When? It blocks use of the tool chain. I am forced to use Makefiles and only use Eclipse for debug.

0 Likes