Android phones and CX3 USB camera connection problems

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am developing a USB camera in Cx3 with OV5640(MIPI Interface).

CX3 USB camera connection with a PC preview to normal operation,

It does not work when connected to Android phone with VGA resolution. (Using Android USB APP. ex, Webeecam)

How do I modify the UVC-related sources?

And, ask if I can get a solution or provide relevant reference source.

Thanks.

0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Weebecam claims that it supports all UVC Devices. So CX3 based camera should also work without any modification, as it is already working on a PC. If it doesn't please contact the concerned App developers.

Regards,

-Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have some kind of USB web camera.

When I connect the Weebecam to a different USB web camera to work properly.
However, CX3 based camera does not preview the action.

If there's ever a need to change other settings, such as Descriptor/Configuration, I wonder.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Please could you let us know the model of the Android device that you have connected the camera to and the firmware version of CX3?

We will look into this right away for you.

Thank You!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi team,

It's very urgent, I am using CX3 and it doesn't work on my android device . In my product we use TI AM335X Sitra (Which is used in beagle bone black)Jelly bean(4.1.2)  with kernel version 3.2and I have tested 5 webcams and all are working fine,In CX3 I am getting "uvcvideo: Dropping payload (out of sync)" this error.I am testing VGA,30FPS.But in my Linux-(Ubujntu 14.04) PC with kernel version 3.14  I am getting frame properly.

My company name in INVIXIUM Inc.(Canada) We have android base biometric company.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi i also whish to develop a board with Cx3 and  OV5640(MIPI Interface)

how do i start ?

TNX 

Jacob 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have worked on connecting FX3 based products to android. Send me emails if you need help. 

David

0 Likes