UART Bootloading

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all,

I am trying to bootload an application using Bootload Host to a PSoC 5LP CY8CKIT-059, but it keeps giving the below error:

Communication port reported error 'Unable to read data from the target device'   

I tried to do it with the USB connection through KitProg and tried to connect an FTDI cable directly to the corresponding Rx, Tx ports, and nothing works.

Would really appreciate if you guys help and point out what I am missing.

Thank you in advance,

Kaan

0 Likes
6 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

I would suggest you to use the USB-UART bridge in the Kitprog.

Use an UART bootloader with Tx and RX connected to P12_7 and P12_6 on your -059 KIT, these are internally connected to the bridge.

When the Kitprog is connected you will see an (emulated) com-port on your PC. This you may use for bootloading. Care for all the same baud-rate.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried that. Baud rate, security key, everything. I even checked and unchecked all of the Bootloader commands but still no. Weird thing is when I use a third party serial communication tool(Docklight), I can talk with the device...

Kaan

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Can you post your complete project (Bootloader and Bootloadable), so that we all can have a look at all of your settings? To do so, use
Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)
and attach the resulting file.

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

This just a simple application I tried to test the UART Bootloading but this too doesn't work.

Kaan

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

I changed the UART properties, the changes in code are only cosmetic.

Bob

0 Likes
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello,

Can  you please verify if you have programmed the Bootloader project to the PSoC5LP device. If not please program bootloader.hex and then try bootloading.

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes