MacOS IDE mixing WicedWifi & WicedSmart SDK

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I ran into some problems when i try to install WicedSmart IDE for Mac while i already have WicedWifi IDE installed previously... My original WicedWifi IDE seems to be removed by the latest installation (of WicedSmart IDE). I tried to import the WicedWifi SDK on the latest IDE instalment and seems to be able to compile. So my questions is, is it appropriate to use the IDE from WicedSmart and simply download the SDK (Wifi or Smart) and import it? Or i might run into some issues? thanks

Best Regards,

Aaron Lee

0 Likes
1 Solution
SeyhanA_31
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hi,

Another option, install one of the SDK, Wifi or Smart. Then bring the other SDKs source to the installed SDK.

Here it is installed the WiFi SDK then brought the Smart SDK source.

pastedImage_2.png

You may take a look at How to bring a WICED SDK into Eclipse for reference as well.

pastedImage_0.png

Hope it helps.

Seyhan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
SeyhanA_31
Employee
Employee

Hi,

You may install the WicedWiFi SDK to .../WicedWiFi directory including the eclipse and source. Install the WicedSmart SDK to .../WicedSmart including the eclipse and source. I do not have a MacOS to test it but it should not be any different from Windows or Linux installations.

-Seyhan

0 Likes
SeyhanA_31
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Another option, install one of the SDK, Wifi or Smart. Then bring the other SDKs source to the installed SDK.

Here it is installed the WiFi SDK then brought the Smart SDK source.

pastedImage_2.png

You may take a look at How to bring a WICED SDK into Eclipse for reference as well.

pastedImage_0.png

Hope it helps.

Seyhan

0 Likes