How to avoid Top design?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was just wondering if we can program the controller without using the block diagrams in the schematics. I mean if I can write the APIs in .C to configure everything without making the top design. I have already done that. The only thing I'm struggling is to avoid is connection i.e. Can I configure the output of DAC to a pin using .c instead of making a connection on the top design? 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

No, that implies using the fitter. You cannot use a component without using the "block diagrams".

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

What for??? You want to skip the fitter process that mirrors and optimizes the components over the chip resources???

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually for our application we want to keep our code in .c only. That is why we want to avoid the top design thing where we want to make schemetics of the whole system. Is it possible to avoid everything and write the code in just .c

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

In theory yes, in practice no. You would need to have a complete map of all routes and switches in the PSoC device you want to use, and figure out the routing by yourself. But I don't think that Cypress would give you this information.

Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Oh, hli, the information exists and is freely acessable. It is written down in the "Register Technical reference Manual". But it is what the title says, I looked into it and decided not to do that again....

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi bob,

the file that you are referring, does it allow to use a component block like VDAC rename it and connect its output to a pin ?

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

No, that implies using the fitter. You cannot use a component without using the "block diagrams".

Bob

0 Likes