Configuring CY8CMBR3116 using EZ-Click

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have a CY3280-MBR3 Eval Kit which I am able to configure successfully using the EZ-Click SW. 

I also have my application board, on which I mounted a CY8CMBR3116 (The same device is in the Eval Kit as well). I removed the Jumpers on the Eval Kit, in such a way that I can now connect the I2C Lines from the Controller on the Eval Board directly to my Application Board.

Using this configuration, I can successfully see the device detected when I click on the "Select Target Device", but with a different Slave Address (0x18, instead of 0x37).

Now, when I try and load the configuration file into the Application Board IC, I get an error "Failed to program the device. Ensure that the correct target device is selected and that the target part is powered. The connected device was not detected as the expected device CY8CMBR3116."

Is it theoretically possible to program my device directly using such a setup? If yes, can you help me with what could have gone wrong during such a setup.

0 Likes
1 Solution
bharadhwajas_91
Employee
Employee
First like received First like given

Hi Abhay,

Default address of MBR3 is 0x37, 

*Did you modify I2C slave address?
*Are there any other devices on the Bus in your board?

*Ensure that Ez-Click is configuring the right device , which is MBR3.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
bharadhwajas_91
Employee
Employee
First like received First like given

Hi Abhay,

Default address of MBR3 is 0x37, 

*Did you modify I2C slave address?
*Are there any other devices on the Bus in your board?

*Ensure that Ez-Click is configuring the right device , which is MBR3.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Yes. I figured out what was wrong. The CY8CMBR was not soldered properly, which resulted in the device not being detected during scan of all available devices. And, there was another device onboard, which was with 0x18. It took me a while to figure that the SW was detecting the other device and not MBR. A rework on the solder solved the problem and I was able to program successfully!!

Thank you!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

how i  interface cy8cmbr3106 with pic controller over i2c 

0 Likes