Upload fw by pscoc programmer

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

I'm working since many time on PSoC5LP and I'm wondering if there is the possibility to retrieve an existing firmware  (as hex file) on PSoC using the programmer or similar, before flashing the new one. Could anyone help me ?

Regards

0 Likes
1 Solution
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

The PSoC programmer has a "read" option that allows to read the content of a PSoCs flash memory. This only works if the chip is not read -protected (then the Flash can only be overwritten).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

The PSoC programmer has a "read" option that allows to read the content of a PSoCs flash memory. This only works if the chip is not read -protected (then the Flash can only be overwritten).

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, but I try to get from this "read" an hex file to save and eventually re-flash after...is it possible ?

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Would be good when you tell us a bit more about because:

When you programmed the PSoC yourself, you already have the .hex file

When you did not program the chip, parts of it might have been protected from reading and the results you receive may be wrong.

So what exactly is the reason why you want to read-out the chip-contents?

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Before download a new fw, I'd like to save the old fw from the mcu...this because the operation is made not in a laboratory but outdoor...

0 Likes