Debugging CY8CKIT-049 41xx Kit using pioneer kit

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've hooked the 5 interface pins between the Pioneer Kit and the Prototyping kit, and it works wonderfully. Right up until I include a UART component in my design.  I can program the 4100 using the regular sequence Debug->Program and the 4100 will start spewing data out the Prototyping Kit's built in serial bridge.  But if I try to get into the debugger: Debug->Debug Start, the board starts spewing data and the PSoC Creator Error dialog shows: "Debugger exited unexpectedly during run. Encountered error (Target disconnected See output window for more information.)"  The 'more details panel shows "There was an unhandled error during the debug session. This has forced the debugger to shutdown. Try again."  The output window shows: "Error: dbg.M0015: Debugger exited unexpectedly during run.  Encountered error (Target disconnected See output window for more information.)"

This happens whether or not the USB cable is connected to the Prototyping Kit.   

Any way to get both debug and serial bridge to work at the same time?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the problem has gone away when I updated the KitProg part of the Pioneer Kit!!

0 Likes