ADC DelSig Interrupt Routines, IRQ and INT

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
cadi_1014291
Level 6
Level 6
25 likes received 10 likes received 10 likes given

Hi all,

I have a maybe n00b question, but i found 2 files with interrupt functions for this ADC:

The files are:

ADC_DelSig_INT.c

and

ADC_DelSig_IRQ.c

i tried to search differences between those but the comments on the files doesn't help me a lot.

When should i use one or the other?

ADC_DelSig_INT have 4 function Callbacks, those are ADC_DelSig_ISR1 trough ADC_DelSig_ISR4

Where can i find more information about this functions and when to use them? Are those specific for each resolution of the ADC or maybe the number of channels?

Any info is appreciated

Carlos

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Those four callbacks are for the possible different configurations of the ADC. One callback for each.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Those four callbacks are for the possible different configurations of the ADC. One callback for each.

Bob

0 Likes
cadi_1014291
Level 6
Level 6

Thanks for the help Bob, i found the info about it on the component datasheet after seeing your reply. Silly me for don't read the entire datasheet.

Thanks again

Carlos

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

In my opinion Cypress has got outstanding good datasheets (at least after some corrections) and the datasheet for a component is always just a mouse click away. Furthermore Cypress provided us with the Document Manager which allows for searching and finding documentation, too rarely used, but quite helpful!

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
cadi_1014291
Level 6
Level 6

I had still reading SAR ADC documentation, now i had read the PSoC 5LP Architecture TRM Rev *C, page 388, 38.2.3 Input Sampling section, it says the input sampling time can be programmed from 1 to 64 cycles in register SARx_CSR2[5:0] register bits, so i make a simple project where the ADC is configured to 8bit resolution, continuous sampling, i enable the EoS output and attach a digital output to it, also another to the EoC output and another one to the external clock that is feeding the ADC (1MHz clock), then i debug the component and SARx_CSR2 = 0x0440, this means the sampling time is 4 clock cycles and 8bit resolution.

Later after the same section says: "The conversion time is 18 cycles for input sampling time up to four cycles.", but i see only 14 clock cycles when i plug a logic analyzer to the output, attached are two images that almost explain this. The project just configures the ADC.

Any idea on why i see 14 instead of 18 clock cycles? the logic analyzer trigger is tricking me again?

Thanks in advance

Carlos

0 Likes